30, July 2019
Southern Cameroons Crisis: Leader writes to French Cameroun Minister for Justice, Declares Hunger Strike Action 0
The Prison Superintendent,
Prison Principale Kondengui, Yaoundé,
La Republique du Cameroun.
DECLARATION OF HUNGER STRIKE BY SISIKU AYUK TABE AND OTHER AMBAZONIANS IN ‘PRISON PRINCIPALE’ KONDENGUI YAOUNDE
This is to bring to your attention our decision to protest by way of a Hunger Strike, beginning at midnight today.
This strike is triggered by the disappearance of our compatriots from the Kondengui Central prison and the Buea Central Prison, following their peaceful protests on the 22nd July 2019 and 23rd July 2019 respectively. This strike will go effective if by the close of business today, 30/07/2019 ourlawyers do not confirm that they have met some of our people, particularly,Mancho Bibixy, Penn Terence, Tsi Conrad, Ngalim Felix, Tita Tebit, Che Luther, Tang George, among others.
Other reasons for the strike include:
- The brutal torture to comma of a member our defense team, by elements of the Gendarmerie and threat by security agents on the lives of other members our defense team. It should be noted that earlier on security agents in Bamenda Commercial Ave fired live ammunition it Barr Awah Joseph’s car missing him and another colleague returning from office narrowly!!!
- The profiling of Ambazonians (British Southern Cameroonians) in Yaoundé at the behest of the Minister of Territorial Administration – Mr Atanga Nji Paul, is a clear call for the intensification of genocide on Ambazonians,
- Theongoing genocide in Ambazonia perpetuated by the military, police and Gendarmerie of La Republique du Cameroun,
- The flagrant violations of the rights to fair trial as well as the abusive Court martial of Ambazonians in Cameroun Republic against international conventions and treaties duly ratified by Cameroun.
- The overcrowding, malnutrition, cruel and degrading detention conditions in prisons,
- The direct threats on the lifes of our families and friends by Cameroun security agents if they ever show up again in our public hearings at the Yaoundé Military Tribunal,
- The refusal by the Military State Counsel to issue “Visitor’s Passes”or “Permits”to our families and friends who are supposed to bring us food,
- The non-implementation of the 1st March 2019 Federal High Court of Abuja judgements requesting that we and other refugees abducted in Nigeria and illegally deported to Cameroun be returned to Nigeria as our abduction and deportation was illegal and a violation of our fundamental rights and International law.
Please take note that this strike will be called off only after our Lawyers confirm that they have met our compatriots and when modalities to address all the above issues are agreed upon.
Sisiku Julius Ayuk Tabe.
- United Nation Secretary General
- African Union
- European Union
- Embassy of the United States of America, Yaoundé;
- British High Commission, Yaoundé;
- French Embassy Yaoundé;
- German Embassy, Yaoundé;
- Nigerian High Commission, Yaoundé;
- Other Diplomatic Missions
- International and National CSO;
- International and local Press Agencies.