29, October 2020
Algerian president Tebboune transferred to German hospital amid Covid-19 fears 0
Algeria’s president was transferred from hospital in Algiers to Germany on Wednesday, officials said, days after the 74-year-old went into self-isolation following reports of suspected coronavirus cases among his aides.
“The President of the Republic, Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune was transferred… to Germany for in-depth medical examinations on the recommendation of medical staff,” a statement from the presidency said.
The transfer comes after officials said Saturday that Tebboune had “voluntarily” gone into self-isolation for five days amid reports several officials in the presidency and government had contracted the Covid-19 disease.
On Tuesday, Tebboune, a heavy smoker, was admitted into a “specialised care unit” in a military hospital in Algeria’s capital.
The presidency said at the time that his “state of health does not raise any concern”, but gave no further details.
On Wednesday, Tebboune had been expected to inaugurate the prayer hall of the new Grand Mosque in Algiers, the third largest in the world.
The president’s hospitalisation also comes ahead of a referendum on November 1 on constitutional reforms that the government hopes will satisfy a protest movement. The vote is a flagship initiative of Tebboune.
Algeria has seen a resurgence in novel coronavirus cases in recent weeks.
Over 57,000 cases have been recorded in the country of 44 million, including more than 1,940 deaths.
(AFP)



















30, October 2020
Southern Cameroons International Conference Starts Today 0
The International Conference on the Armed Conflict in the Southern Cameroons will start today October 30th in the USA.
Though initially planned for March 2020, the COVID pandemic forced the organizers to re-schedule and convert to a virtual event. Cameroon Concord News Group understands that the planning team has been working very hard over the past few months to put together a virtual event that would allow significant deliberation and opportunities to interact with other conference delegates and observers.
The virtual Southern Cameroons Auditorium has also been designed to enable participants engage with others throughout the conference.
Amongst those scheduled to speak during this 3-day Conference are H.E. Dr Amos Sawyer, Ambassador Herman Cohen, Dr. Christopher Fomunyoh, Pa Augustine Ndangam, Frontline leaders, Civil Society, German Parliamentarians and French Parliamentarians. International observers will be present including the United States Congress, diplomats, international non-governmental organizations and many more.
Some 700 delegates have so far been approved to participate in Working Groups and through the various Working Groups, delegates will assess, analyze and propose a path out of the conflict that addresses the root causes in a sustainable manner.
There has been a very strong grassroots involvement with ordinary citizens, those internally displaced and refugees participating in the process.
The conference continues to accept 2-minute video statements from Southern Cameroonians with proposals on the way forward. The people of Southern Cameroons are encourage to kindly record a 2-minute video using your cell phone and send to this WhatsApp number: +13126177280