27, November 2020
3 soldiers killed in Ambazonia firing: Ndian SDO 0
Three Cameroun government army soldiers were killed on Thursday by Ambazonia Restoration Forces in Prime Minister Dion Ngute’s constituency.
Cameroon Intelligence Report sources revealed that the Cameroon government soldiers were on a patrol in Ekondo Titi where they reported came under attack.
In a statement addressed to the Minister for Defense, Joseph Beti Assomo, the Senior Divisional Officer for Ndian said “A patrol of soldiers of the 21st Marine Rifle Battalion was ambushed by separatists on Thursday morning. The separatists opened fire. Three of our soldiers were killed,” Nwafua Lawrence Forwang concluded.
This new Ambazonia Restoration strike in the ranks of the French Cameroun army comes a week after that of November 19 during which two gendarmes and a civilian were killed in Kissem in Bui County in the Northern Zone.
The Biya Francophone military authorities have regularly announced the strengthening of security in Southern Cameroons in the wake of attacks on schools.
Biya’s kinsman Joseph Beti Assomo recently chaired a meeting with military leaders during which he prescribed the strengthening of French Cameroun security apparatus in Ambazonia. But the situation seems to be deteriorating.
As a reminder, Southern Cameroons have been shaken since late October 2016 by corporatist demands from teachers and lawyers. In October 2017, these demands led to an armed conflict between the Francophone dominated army and Southern Cameroons Self Defense groups.
According to the UN, the conflict has already resulted in more than 3,000 deaths and at least 700,000 internally displaced persons with children paying the highest price. According to UNICEF, more than 800,000 children have been deprived of education as a result of the conflict in Southern Cameroons.
By Fon Lawrence



















27, November 2020
Amba Virus: Scottish leader calls for 2nd independence referendum early next year 0
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has called for a second independence referendum to be held as soon as next year, in a major challenge to the United Kingdom (UK), which is is still struggling with difficulties of Brexit.
Sturgeon said she anticipates that a vote will take place “in the earlier part” of the next Scottish parliament, which begins next year.
“The referendum for a whole variety of reasons should be in the earlier part of the next parliament,” she said.
Her Scottish National Party (SNP), which has formed the government since 2007, is expected to perform strongly in elections to the Scottish parliament in May.
This would give her government a mandate to hold another referendum on independence.
Scots voted 55-45 percent against independence in a 2014 referendum.
His government has said there should not be another independence referendum in the near future.
If Sturgeon wins the election in May, Johnson will have to make a decision whether to refuse a referendum and thus allow Scottish discontent to simmer or allow a referendum which could break apart the union.
The UK and Northern Ireland includes England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Britain voted 52-48 to leave the European Union in a 2016 referendum. Scots voted 62% to 38% in favor of remaining in the EU.
The issue of Scotland’s independence was then thrust back into the limelight. Sturgeon said the day after the vote that the situation was a “democratic outrage” and that another independence vote was “highly likely.”
Recent polls show support for the independence of Scotland has been rising lately.
An Ipsos Mori poll indicated last month that 58% of Scots would vote to quit the UK, if a referendum were held this year.
Source: Presstv