Another 20TH May, same questions: Can Biya still steady Cameroon?
Yaoundé: US Embassy travel warning underscores deepening security crisis
Killing of 4 soldiers in Muyuka: Biya must recognize that peace cannot emerge from silence and denial
Colonel Hamad Kalkaba Malboum: Cameroon mourns a guardian of national pride
FECAFOOT new headquarters and the CPDM ribbon-cutting republic
4 Anglophone detainees killed in Yaounde
Chantal Biya says she will return to Cameroon if General Ivo Yenwo, Martin Belinga Eboutou and Ferdinand Ngoh Ngoh are sacked
The Anglophone Problem – When Facts don’t Lie
Anglophone Nationalism: Barrister Eyambe says “hidden plans are at work”
Largest wave of arrest by BIR in Bamenda
5, July 2019
Biya regime says 150 former Boko Haram fighters drop arms in Far North region 0
Cameroon’s National Committee on Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (NCDDR) said Thursday its center in Far North region is hosting 150 ex-fighters of terror group Boko Haram who have voluntarily laid down their weapons.
Francis Fai Yengo, national coordinator of NCDDR, told reporters the ex-fighters will benefit from professional training in agriculture, livestock, business and handicraft during their stay in the center.
Yengo visited the center with officials from International Organization for Migration and United Nations Development Programme.
Cameroon is facing serious security challenges in the two Anglophone regions of Northwest and Southwest where separatists want to create an independent nation and in the Far North, where terror group Boko Haram is intensifying attacks on civilians and government forces.
NCDDR was created by President Paul Biya last year “to avoid the use of extreme measures” and supervise and manage the disarmament and reintegration of ex-combatants of Boko Haram and armed separatists in the Anglophone regions.
A total of 56 separatist combatants have already dropped their weapons according officials of NCDDR.
Source: Xinhuanet