3, May 2019
Southern Cameroons War: Donations pour in after Sako’s dismissal 0
A total of 27 000 dollars has already been donated by Southern Cameroonians and several prominent elites in the Diaspora towards relief efforts in Ground Zero. The donations were made to the Ambazonia Interim Government after President Sisiku Ayuk Tabe dissolved the caretaker cabinet that was headed by the disgraced Dr Samuel Ikome Sako.
A well placed source deep within the treasury department who sued for anonymity told Cameroon Concord News Group that, money has started coming in from Ambazonians and President Ayuk Tabe is expected to set a deadline for the funds to be disbursed to needy Ambazonians back in the territory.
The Southern Cameroons leader held an emergency meeting with top aides of the Interim Government from his prison cell on Wednesday dedicated to the Sako Financial Scandal Response. Our source in the US told Cameroon Concord News that that 27 000 dollars has been raised so far and the figure is expected to rise within the coming days.
Contributors include accomplished Southern Cameroonians in Europe, the US and stake holders. Pro Sako Ikome comedians attempted to sabotage the President Sisiku Ayuk Tabe decree saying it was a Milan Atam diabolic harsh ploy to stifle the Ambazonian revolution and quest for independence.
However, we understand President Ayuk Tabe took the decision following evidence of huge financial misappropriation and fraud in the Samuel Ikom Sako regime. Speaking exclusively to Cameroon Concord News, President Ayuk Tabe revealed that he and his team now have details of all Southern Cameroons detainees in French Cameroun jails.
The leader further pointed out that the humanitarian situation in Ground Zero is horrible and that he recently with the help of the Roman Catholic Church got 7 lawyers to defend a group of Southern Cameroons detainees in the Douala High Court. Sisiku Ayuk Tabe hinted that the Southern Cameroons Interim Government will continue to gather donations and the IG is already setting up a special office to deal with medical supplies to Ambazonians living in the forest.
Some criticism has already surfaced among those in the USA who say President Ayuk Tabe should not be allowed to govern from his detention cell at the Kondengui prison.
By Soter Tarh Agbaw-Ebai



















4, May 2019
Remembering Cameroon’s prisoners on World Press Freedom Day 0
On this World Press Freedom Day, the Committee to Protect Journalists is highlighting four cases of reporters who remain in prison in Cameroon, a destabilized and increasingly repressive nation led for nearly four decades by President Paul Biya.
What began in October 2016 as peaceful protests led by professionals seeking equal treatment in the West African nation’s English-speaking regions has, for many, become a full-blown Anglophone separatist crisis. That’s come with a crackdown on opposition political leaders, journalists and civil society actors.
Among them is Mancho Bibixy, a former radio broadcaster in Bamenda who was sentenced in military courts to 15 years in prison in May 2018.
Bibixy was arrested after making a public speech from inside a coffin in November 2016 to call attention to the Biya administration’s violent response to Anglophone protesters, and the mass detentions in which he too was swept up. He was harassed for weeks over his radio show content and Facebook posts before he was permanently held in prison in June 2017.
He was found guilty of terrorism, secession, insurrection and other serious charges, along with journalists Tsi Conrad, Thomas Awah Jr. and other defendants.
Bibixy also worked as a teacher in Bamenda, and was among the earliest figures associated with the outlawed Anglophone Civil Society Consortium to be silenced. His concern for his fellow detainees led Bibixy to launch a hunger strike in 2017, and his cause united Cameroonian Anglophones against a Biya regime that refused meaningful dialogue and negotiation to end the crisis.
The fourth journalist, Amadou Vamoulké, worked for state-owned CRTV and was arrested in July 2016.
“The official reason for his arrest is a pretext for trying to silence journalists in Cameroon,” said his lawyer. “Amadou never accepted as black what he knew was white.”
Source: Africa Times