10, March 2018
Yaounde releases women arrested over protesting Anglophone crisis 0
The government of Cameroon has released women that were arrested on Friday for protesting killings in the Anglophone regions of the country.
The women marching in the capital Yaounde, were led by the national coordinator of Cameroon People Party (CPP), Edith Kahbang Walla, also known as Kah Walla.
Kah Walla said the protest march was their way of commemorating Women’s Day which the women of Cameroon can’t celebrate while their children are being killed in the Anglophone crisis.
Kah Walla also refuted recent media reports that she had been replaced at the helm of the opposition party.
Minority Anglophone population in the country in 2017 started a series of peaceful protests against perceived marginalization by Cameroon’s Francophone-dominated elite. Their actions were almost always met with a government crackdown.
Reported state repression – including ordering thousands of villagers in the Anglophone southwest to leave their homes – has driven support for a once-fringe secessionist movement, stoking a lethal cycle of violence.
The secessionists declared an independent state called Ambazonia Republic on Oct. 1, 2017. Since then, violent scenes that have resulted in loss of lives for both the secessionists and government forces have played out in the Northwest region, whose capital is Bamenda.
Culled from Africa News



















12, March 2018
Ambazonian militants release video of abducted govt official 0
A month after armed elements under the banner of the so-called Ambazonia Republic abducted a Cameroon government official, a video of the said officer has popped up on social media.
The said video showed the Nimbong Aaron Yong, a regional delegate for Social Affairs in the NorthWest pleading for his substantive minister to intervene before the separatists “sacrifice” him.
According to him, the Ambazonia leaders only wanted proof of life to be shown of over 40 of their comrades arrested in Nigeria and subsequently deported to Yaounde.
“I’m pleading with my minister to intervene. That the leaders of Ambazonia, arrested and brought to Yaounde, should be shown to the public, that they are alive. I have been given 48 hours, otherwise, be sacrificed, if the leaders are not shown,” he said.
The Ambazonia Defense Force (ADF) confirmed in late February 2018 that it had kidnapped the administrative official near the town of Batibo, some 40km from the NorthWest’s regional capital Bamenda.
State-run Cameroon Radio Television (CRTV) confirmed the incident, Yong at the time became the second person to be abducted by the separatists.
In mid February 2018, ADF claimed responsibility for the disappearance of Divisional Officer Namata Diteng, reports indicated that they kidnapped him and burnt his car.
Kidnapping is a new line of action by the separatists who usually staged deadly guerilla style attacks on members of the security forces. They said the soldiers, police and gendarmes were occupation forces hence their resolve to rid the towns of them.
President Paul Biya declared war on the separatists last year after they killed a number of police personnel. The group’s new leader has also declared an era of self-defense in the wake of reprisal attacks by members of the security on citizens.
Source: Africa News