30, July 2019
Jailed Ambazonia leader to start hunger strike 0
The detained Ambazonia leader President Sisiku Ayuk Tabe has said that he will begin a hunger strike by tomorrow if the whereabouts of all Southern Cameroons detainees that were held at the Central prison in Yaoundé are not made public.
After the English speaking regions of Cameroon declared independence and created the Federal Republic of Ambazonia, Yaounde declared war on the people of Southern Cameroons and spent millions of US dollars in an operation in Nigeria that saw the arrest of the Ambazonian leader and his top aides in Abuja.
The conflict has so far claimed the lives of some 3000 Southern Cameroonians and approximately 1500 Cameroon government army soldiers. The UN says it has registered some 50000 Ambazonians as refugees in Nigeria and more than half a million are IDPs in French Cameroun.
The Ambazonia leader told our Yaoundé city reporter late yesterday that he will start refusing food to protest the killing of Southern Cameroons detainees and the hundreds more whose location are not known after the riot that rocked the Central prison in Yaoundé.
The Southern Cameroons leader is convinced him and his top aides would not get a fair trial in French Cameroun, but insisted that the French Cameroun must inform international public opinion on the whereabouts of hundreds of Ambazonian political prisoners.
Tensions with French Cameroun are rising and the Southern Cameroons Interim government continues to advocate for a complete separation from La Republique du Cameroun something the Biya Francophone government has said it will not accept.
This is not the first time the Ambazonian leaders are engaging in a Hunger Strike. Cameroon Intelligence Report is reliably informed that sometime on the 15th of January 2018 while they were detained incommunicado in a 3 floors underground detention facility at the Nigeria Defense Intelligence Agency better known by its acronym DIA, Barr Shufai Blaise SEVIDZEM BERINYUY initiated a Hunger Strike action to protest against their continuous detention without charge to court or presentation before a Magistrate within 48 hours as required in criminal legislation worldwide!
The protest action was immediately joined by his brothers of the Nera fame and by the third day the gates were open for them to hold a meeting with a delegation from the UNHCR Abuja office on 18/01/2018 that caused an immediate improvement to their detention conditions given that they were moved from 3rd floor underground where they were in same cells with Boko Haram suspect leadership to second floor where they were together in a larger cell and their clothes given to them and given closer attention.
That however didn’t stop their illegal extradition to Yaounde, la Republique du Cameroun where they’re facing death sentence for alleged heinous crimes related to terrorism and secession from a country they’ve never been legally united to. They were handcuffed, blindfolded and thrown in a Cameroun military cargo carrier with neither seats nor seat belts manned by heavily armed and masked anti terrorist gendarmes called GPIGN ( Groupement Polyvalent de l’Inrervention de ka Gendarmerie Nationale).
By Sama Ernest in Yaounde

























30, July 2019
Brazil: Police end Neymar rape probe over lack of evidence 0
Police in Brazil probing rape allegations against football superstar Neymar have closed the case due to a lack of evidence, the Sao Paulo attorney general’s office said Monday.
The police decision will be sent to prosecutors on Tuesday, who will have 15 days to evaluate the case, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office told AFP.
A final ruling on the case will be made by a judge.
A spokesman for Neymar said he was not able to comment on the police decision. Sao Paulo police are due to hold a news conference on Tuesday.
Neymar has vehemently denied allegations he raped a Brazilian woman in a Paris hotel in May.
The ugly affair, which has dominated headlines and conversations in the soccer-mad country for weeks, overshadowed Brazil’s preparations for the Copa America.
Hosts Brazil went on to win South America’s showcase tournament earlier this month without their biggest player, who was injured in a warm-up friendly before the opening match.
The scandal blew up on June 2 when Neymar published a seven-minute video on Instagram, where he had first been in contact with Najila Trindade, revealing that he had been accused of rape.
In an attempt to defend himself against the allegations, Neymar’s video was accompanied by WhatsApp messages and images of his encounter with Trindade — without her consent, possibly breaking Brazilian law.
– Police questioning –
The drama quickly snowballed. Extracts of a televised interview with Trindade, in which she accused Neymar of “aggression together with rape,” aired just one hour before he was about to enter the pitch for the pre-Copa game between Brazil and Qatar.
Neymar tore his right ankle ligament in the 20th minute, ruling him out of the tournament.
In the following weeks, Neymar was questioned by police over the WhatsApp messages.
He also appeared before police in Sao Paulo, where Trindade had filed her complaint at the end of May.
As the case dragged on, police filed a defamation suit against Trindade — who was dropped by multiple lawyers — after she insinuated the force was corrupt.
“The police are bought, aren’t they? Or am I crazy?” she told television channel SBT last month in response to questions over the police investigation of an alleged theft of a tablet device from her home that contained a short video she claims has conclusive evidence she was assaulted.
Despite the seriousness of the allegations, polls have shown that most Brazilians believe Neymar is innocent.
Controversy has followed the Paris Saint-Germain player, who flew back to France earlier this month.
Neymar, who joined PSG in 2017, has made clear he wants to return to Barcelona.
He has yet to feature during PSG’s pre-season tour in Asia and French media reported he will miss Tuesday’s game against Sydney in China.
Source: AFP