Another 20TH May, same questions: Can Biya still steady Cameroon?
Yaoundé: US Embassy travel warning underscores deepening security crisis
Killing of 4 soldiers in Muyuka: Biya must recognize that peace cannot emerge from silence and denial
Colonel Hamad Kalkaba Malboum: Cameroon mourns a guardian of national pride
FECAFOOT new headquarters and the CPDM ribbon-cutting republic
4 Anglophone detainees killed in Yaounde
Chantal Biya says she will return to Cameroon if General Ivo Yenwo, Martin Belinga Eboutou and Ferdinand Ngoh Ngoh are sacked
The Anglophone Problem – When Facts don’t Lie
Anglophone Nationalism: Barrister Eyambe says “hidden plans are at work”
Largest wave of arrest by BIR in Bamenda
21, March 2019
Abducted Cameroonian coach released 0
The coach of Cameroonian first division club Yong Sports Academy of Bamenda, Emmanuel Ndoumbe Bosso who was kidnapped on 19 March has been released.
A club official confirmed that coach Bosso was abducted while driving to the team’s base for training.
“Coach Bosso was freed last night and is now with his family” Yong Sports spokesperson Wanchia Cynthia confirmed to BBC Sport
“There wasn’t any ransom paid and we don’t know why he was kidnapped. “We believe pressure from the fans and the media played a huge role in our coach getting released”
Bosso, who won the 2013 Cameroon Cup with Yong Sports and worked with Union Douala and Sable de Batie, has so far declined to comment on his ordeal.
Yong Sports will resume training today however it is uncertain whether coach Bosso will take charge of the session.
The club are are tied on 12 points with UMS of Loum at the top of Pool B in Cameroon aib championship after the first phase of the league
The team found in the City of Bamenda, North West is one of two English speaking regions where secessionists have been fighting government forces for 3 years in a bid for independence.
Despite kidnappings on the increase, the abduction of Bosso on Tuesday is the first time a player or football official is kidnapped.
Source: BBC