11, November 2016
Massive demo against Donald Trump’s victory in the US 1
Demonstrators have again taken to the streets in cities across the United States to protest against Republican nominee Donald Trump’s victory in the November 8 presidential election, voicing concerns that he will strike a blow against civil rights.
In the state of California, hundreds of high school and university students on Thursday walked out of classes to join other protesters who held demonstrations in the cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Police arrested dozens of protesters in both cities. Similar rallies were held in Minneapolis, New York, Washington, DC, and Texas.
A number of demonstrators marched from the White House, where Trump held his first transition meeting with President Barack Obama on Thursday, to the Trump International Hotel some blocks away. The protesters were carrying signs against racism and in favor of unity. They were also chanting “love Trumps hate.”

“This generation deserves better than Donald Trump,” said Lily Morton, 17, who joined classmates from the Georgetown Day School. “The queer people, colored people, women, girls, everyone that is going to be affected by this, we need to protest to help them.”
Tens of thousands of protesters, including school and college students, held demonstrations in more than a dozen major US cities, including in New York, Los Angeles and Oakland, California on Wednesday. The protesters slammed Trump’s controversial campaign rhetoric about undocumented immigrants, Muslims and other groups. They expressed their anger and sadness at the shocking victory of Trump by putting his effigies on fire in California, Philadelphia, Boston and Portland, Oregon, and Washington.
Trump took to twitter late on Thursday to hit back at protesters, calling them “professionals incited by the media.” Trump supporters say the protesters are not respecting the democratic process. This tweet also comes after The New York Times reported his aides took control of his Twitter account during his presidential campaign hoping to tame his controversial Internet presence.

Trump stunned the world on Wednesday by defeating heavily favored Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in Tuesday’s presidential election, sending the United States on a new, uncertain path.
Trump’s election campaign had been marred by his disparaging remarks against minorities in the US. His comments include a call to ban all Muslims from coming to America as well as stopping Mexican migrants by building a long wall along the US-Mexico border.
He has also sought for a database to track Muslims across the United States and said that the US would have “absolutely no choice” but to close down mosques.

Trump’s proposal was widely condemned by Muslim and human rights groups as well as his Democratic rivals and many of his Republican proponents who describe the proposal as divisive, counterproductive and contrary to American values.
Culled from Presstv



The Head of State and the French diplomat seized the opportunity to make an overview of bilateral ties. A long-standing, dense, and multifaceted cooperation exists between Cameroon and France. This fruitful friendship has touched areas like governance, health, education, infrastructure, rural development, environment, higher education, research and culture.
The second diplomat to hand letters of credence to President Paul BIYA was Ahmat Mahamat Karambal of Chad. Prior to his appointment in Cameroon, he was the Governor of the Moyen Chari region of Chad.















11, November 2016
South Africa: Zuma survives 3rd no-confidence vote in less than a year 0
South African President Jacob Zuma has survived a no-confidence vote, the third in less than a year, over what the opposition called “reckless leadership.” “I think the no’s have it,” Deputy Speaker of Parliament Lechesa Tsenoli ruled on Thursday, after lawmakers of Zuma’s African National Congress (ANC), which controls almost two-thirds of the assembly, voted against the motion.
After a heated debate, 214 lawmakers voted against the motion and 126 voted in favor. The vote came despite opposition parties calling on ruling ANC lawmakers to remove Zuma. Earlier on Thursday, Mmusi Maimane, leader of the Democratic Alliance (DA), urged Zuma to quit power and called on ANC lawmakers to vote him out of office. “To put it plainly, we can choose Jacob Zuma, or we can choose South Africa,” Maimane told parliament, adding, “Many of you have been speaking out against him in recent weeks … I know that there are men and women in these ANC benches who want to do the right thing.”
The no-confidence motion was tabled by the DA, which argued that Zuma had wreaked havoc on South Africa’s “infant democracy” by being involved in various corruption and influence-peddling scandals. Zuma had managed to weather two previous no-confidence votes. The 74-year-old, who has been in office since 2009, enjoys strong loyalty among ANC lawmakers and many party activists, particularly in rural areas.
The vote came days after South Africa’s top watchdog issued a report, detailing the president’s relationship with the Guptas, an Indian business family accused of wielding undue political influence. The report raised fresh allegations of misconduct in Zuma’s administration.
Zuma is already gripped in a series of corruption scandals. He was found guilty by South Africa’s highest court in March, after he refused to repay taxpayers’ money used to refurbish his private rural house. A court has also ruled that Zuma should face almost 800 corruption charges over a multi-billion dollar arms deal in the 1990s. Zuma has appealed the ruling.
Presstv