28, November 2016
President Biya will receive the Senegalese head of state today in Yaounde. A statement by the Cameroonian dictator’s civil cabinet said Biya will be at the Yaounde-Nsimalen International Airport today November 28, 2016 at 11:30 am to welcome President Macky Sall.
Both leaders will have a one-and-one at the Yaounde Hilton Hotel, before an official CPDM style luncheon offered by the Cameroonian presidential couple. The Senegalese president will leave Yaoundé late in the afternoon. Senegal maintains close relations with Cameroon, marked by mutual respect and a frank and cordial friendship. Since 1962, Cameroon and Senegal have signed a dozen of agreements. These include:
– the Cultural Agreement of 4 March 1964;
– the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation of 16 June 1972;
– the Commercial Agreement of 10 January 1974;
– the Agreement on cooperation in the field of sea fishing of 19 February 1991;
– the Agreement on ordinary civil aviation of 30 May 1973;
– the Cultural Exchange Protocol of 16 May 1980;
– the Convention on Social Security signed in Yaoundé in June 1991;
– the Cooperation Agreement in the field of communication signed on 24 July 1990 between CRTV and ORTS;
– the Tourism Agreement signed on 24 June 2010 in Dakar;
In the spirit of intensification of bilateral cooperation between the two countries, the Follow-up Committee of the 4th session of the Cameroon / Senegal Joint Cooperation Committee was held in Yaoundé from the 16th to 17th of November 2015. Closed in 1994, the Senegalese embassy in Cameroon resumed its activities in July 2007.
By Chi Prudence Asong with files from CIN