Colonel Hamad Kalkaba Malboum: Cameroon mourns a guardian of national pride
FECAFOOT new headquarters and the CPDM ribbon-cutting republic
There are reasons why Israel has been President Biya’s key ally since 1984
President Biya will attempt to go to Heaven illegally
Cavayé Yéguié Djibril: both a builder and a barrier
4 Anglophone detainees killed in Yaounde
Chantal Biya says she will return to Cameroon if General Ivo Yenwo, Martin Belinga Eboutou and Ferdinand Ngoh Ngoh are sacked
The Anglophone Problem – When Facts don’t Lie
Anglophone Nationalism: Barrister Eyambe says “hidden plans are at work”
Largest wave of arrest by BIR in Bamenda
18, May 2026
Iran submits new 14-point proposal to US via Pakistan to end war 0
Iran has reportedly submitted its latest proposal in 14 points through the Pakistani intermediary for talks with the United States aimed at ending the illegal US-Israeli war of aggression against the Islamic Republic.
A source close to the Iranian negotiating team told Tasnim news agency on Monday that Pakistan will `deliver Iran’s new proposal to Washington.
The source said the proposal is focused on the subject of the negotiations and confidence-building measures by the American side.
The Americans had recently sent a text in response to Iran’s previous proposal, which was also presented in 14 points, the source added.
“In line with the recent practice of exchanging messages, Iran has also once again submitted its text in 14 points through the Pakistani mediator after making amendments,” the source explained.
On April 10, Iran submitted its response to the American side’s proposed text to end the war, which was later dismissed by Donald Trump, the president of the US, who said it was “totally unacceptable.”
Tehran maintains that at the current stage, negotiations will only focus on ending the war in the region and that other issues, including the nuclear program, may be discussed later.
Meanwhile, a Pakistani source told Reuters on Monday that Islamabad has shared with the United States a revised proposal from Iran to end the war in the region.
The source warned that Tehran and Washington “don’t have much time” to narrow their differences.
The source gave no details of Iran’s revised proposal but noted that the sides “keep changing their goalposts.”
“We don’t have much time.”
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei also told reporters on Monday that despite the American side’s dismissal of the Islamic Republic’s previous peace proposal, Tehran received “a set of corrective points and considerations” from the Pakistani mediator.
“As announced yesterday, our points of view were presented to the American side in return. Therefore, the process continues through Pakistan,” he said.
On April 8, forty days into the US-Israel war, a Pakistan-brokered temporary ceasefire between Iran and the US took effect.
Negotiations ensued in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, but stopped short of an agreement amid Washington’s maximalist demands and insistence on unreasonable positions.
Since then, Iran has demanded that the US lift an illegal blockade it has imposed on Iranian vessels and ports for the diplomatic process to resume.
Tehran says as long as the blockade is still in place, it has no intention of reopening the Strait of Hormuz.
Source: Press TV