27, February 2026
Southern Cameroons Crisis: Situation Report 0
The security situation in the North-West and South-West regions remained tense in December. This period has been marked by frequent and intense violent clashes between non-state armed groups (NSAGs) and state security forces (SSF), leaving the security and humanitarian situation very fragile and volatile. Drawing towards the end of the year, multiplicity of illegal check points led to a high rate of extortion from the civilian population by NSAGs in the name of “Liberation tax” across most of the divisions in the two regions. Also, there has been an increase in arbitrary arrest, kidnapping for ransom, including some government current and former officials.
Over 14 incidents involving improvised explosive devices (IEDs) targeting government officials and military convoys were recorded in the North-West and South-West regions. One of these incidents involved IED targeting the convoy of the Donga Mantung Senior Divisional Officer, while another IED detonated beside a military base in Bamenda 1 subdivision targeting a senior SSF official in the North-West region. Another IED detonated against a SSF vehicle travelling along the Mundemba- Bulu road (Mundemba subdivision) in the South-West region. The use of IEDs in public places and on busy highways largely increases fear and poses high risk to civilian populations.
Continuous violence resulted in multiple population displacements with over 2,072 people from 400 households reportedly displaced to nearby bushes, villages, and towns from Donga-Mantung, Bui, and Mezam divisions, in the North-West and Manyu division in the South-West region with Bui, Manyu and Donga Mantung divisions being the most affected respectively. The displacements expose the affected communities to major protection risks among others, as they move to and from their homes seeking safety and protection, placing additional burdens on communities that are already very fragile.
Access was constrained due to insecurity and multiple informal check points with strict verification of “liberation tax” receipts, as well as imposition of large sums on road users including pedestrians. These restricted movements narrowed the humanitarian space and negatively affected response activities. With coordination support from OCHA, humanitarian partners mobilized to carry out needs assessment in preparation for a potential response to the affected population.
Source: reliefweb



















28, February 2026
Iran launches missile, drone strikes against Israel in response to US-Israeli aggression 0
The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has announced the launch of a massive wave of missile and drone strikes against targets inside the Israeli-occupied territories, after Israel and the US initiated military assault against Iran.
In a statement on Saturday, the IRGC said it launched the first wave of Iran’s extensive missile and drone strikes targeting the occupied territories in response to the “aggression by the hostile and criminal enemy.”
The IRGC said they had targeted the US Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, other American interests in the Persian Gulf and Israel.
Explosions were also heard over central Doha and near Al-Udeid military base, the largest US facility in the region.
Iran’s region wide missile salvo could be heard in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE, as well as Israel and Iraq, in the hours following the first strikes, after it had repeatedly vowed to retaliate fiercely should it be attacked.
Earlier in the day, the Israeli regime and the United States launched unprovoked assaults targeting several cities in Iran, including the capital Tehran.
On Saturday morning, a number of loud explosions were heard in Tehran, Isfahan, Qom, Karaj, Tabriz, and Kermanshah.
A strike on a school in southern country of Minab in Iran killed at least 24 civilians and injured 45.
Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Syria, the UAE and Israel all closed their airspaces to civilian traffic, at least in part, and multiple airlines cancelled flights to the Middle East.
US embassies in the Persian Gulf region urged American citizens to take shelter.
Source: Presstv