6, September 2023
Gabon: General Nguema says ousted President Bongo ‘free to go abroad’ 0
Gabon’s former president Ali Bongo, who was ousted in a putsch, is free to leave the country and travel abroad, the leader of the coup that toppled him said on Wednesday.
“He has freedom of movement… and can travel abroad if he wishes,” general Brice Oligui Nguema said in a statement read on state television.
Bongo, in power for 14 years, had been under house arrest since the military coup of August 30, carried out without bloodshed less than an hour after his party proclaimed his re-election in a vote described as fraudulent by the putschists.
“Given his state of health, the former President of the Republic Ali Bongo Ondimba has freedom of movement. He can travel abroad if he wishes to carry out his medical checks,” Colonel Ulrich Manfoumbi Manfoumbi said, reading a press release signed by Oligui, who took his oath as transitional president on Monday.
Bongo suffered a serious stroke in October 2018 which left him physically impaired, with particular difficulty moving his right leg and arm.
Source: AFP





















7, September 2023
Southern Cameroons War: Amba fighters in shooting spree in Muea and Buea 0
A pair of Ambazonia gunmen have reportedly wounded several people and set cars ablaze in a shooting spree in Muea and Buea in Fako Division.
It is the first deadly Ambazonia attack carried out by restoration forces in the heart of the historic city of Buea. On Thursday, 7 September, 2023 Southern Cameroons fighters inspired by happenings in Gabon and Niger raided Muea and moved into Buea.
The Buea-Muea attack comes just a week after schools reopened their doors in some towns and villages in Southern Cameroons.
A source in the Francophone governor’s office in Buea contacted by Cameroon Concord News hinted that police officers sent to counter the Ambazonia attack on Molyko ended up in Bongo Square.
The Vice President of the exiled Ambazonia Interim Government Dabney Yerima is expected to address the people of Southern Cameroons on the state of the revolution, meaning not only that attacks on schools remains highly likely but a further attack in academic establishments in the cities of Buea, Bamenda, Limbe and Kumba may be imminent.
Cameroon Concord News understands that Buea police have asked the Cameroon government military command in the South West region to deploy a number of military personnel in support of their armed officers.
This means some armed police and gendarmerie officers guarding schools will be replaced by soldiers.
By Rita Akana in Buea