4, October 2018
CPDM has been in shambles since 1985 0
A senior aide to President Paul Biya told Cameroon Concord News on Monday in Yaoundé that the ruling CPDM party has been in shambles since it was created in 1985. The outspoken baron who sued for anonymity also condemned President Biya for slowly but surely pushing the nation into disaster.
The French Cameroun political elite further pointed out that Francophone mediocrity has ruined the nation and sharply divided the ruling party adding that the aftermath of the October 7th presidential election would be ‘disastrous’ if President Biya and the ruling CPDM party fails to heed the US ambassador’s advice.
Cameroon Concord News gathered from another reliable source that the CPDM is badly in need of a new leader and a new idea that can save the party from its current ill-fated flight. We understand, Biya and his gang had long planted a demon that was growing in the womb of the party for their own selfish Francophone Beti Ewondo interest.
There are fears deep within the Central Committee of the CPDM that even after the presidential elections; the ruling CPDM crime syndicate may end up without a genuine leader and without candidates at all legislative arms of government.
Our source said many elderly politicians opposed the idea of Biya seeking a 7th term and had told the party’s Secretary General during a private Central Committee caucus meeting last year. He said President Biya was misled to believe that he was still the people’s choice.
“What happened in the meeting in Mvomeka’a was that there were people who misled Biya and the CPDM hierarchy and are using Biya’s continued stay in power to achieve their own ends. The CPDM has been in shambles in the last three decades.”
The CPDM and Biya have made promises to change the country, to restore things that were working properly under the late President Ahmadou Ahidjo and to cleanse the public service and state owned companies. But the country has now regressed to extending illegally postponing council and parliamentary elections so many times something that doesn’t exist within the constitution of the nation.
Most of the crises Cameroon now faces including the conflict in Ambazonia are as a result of CPDM internal wrangling and illegality, imposition of grassroots leaders, manipulation of the nation’s constitution and extension of tenure of mayors and MPs.
Our Yaoundé city reporter who contributed to this report observed that there are barons within the CPDM party, particularly Francophones, “You see them mostly every day coming to the Unity Palace, they feel that Cameroon belongs to them, they are closer to President Biya than any other person. They antagonize Southern Cameroonians calling them Biafra and Anglos.”
By Asu Vera Eyere with files from Rita Akana




















5, October 2018
CAF President: “It’s only Cameroon that can say tomorrow that ‘we are ready or give us more time we are not ready’ 0
The head of the African soccer confederation has expressed satisfaction with Cameroon’s preparations to host next year’s African Cup of Nations, a statement at odds with the body’s position last week when it declined to back the country.
Confederation of African Football president Ahmad said Tuesday on a visit to Cameroon that CAF had “never thought of” and “never considered” dropping Cameroon as host. “It is left to Cameroon to tell us,” said Ahmad, who is from Madagascar and goes by one name. “We are not the ones organizing (the competition). It is Cameroon that is hosting the competition.
“It’s only Cameroon that can say tomorrow that ‘we are ready or give us more time we are not ready.’ It depends on Cameroon, not CAF.”
Ahmad’s position that CAF had no problem with Cameroon’s preparations contradicted statements made by the confederation after a two-day executive committee meeting last week. Then, CAF declined to confirm Cameroon as host for the tournament next June and July and instead delayed a decision until the end of next month and after at least two more inspection visits.
Cameroon has been criticized for serious delays with stadiums and other infrastructure and is in the midst of a violent separatist rebellion in the west, where two tournament host cities are located. CAF would first send a joint CAF-FIFA team to assess the security situation this month, it said, and then inspect infrastructure before deciding if Cameroon can hold Africa’s top soccer tournament.
Ahmad’s visit to Cameroon this week was also contrary to what CAF said last week, when it decided to hold off any inspection visits until after the Cameroonian presidential elections, which take place on Sunday. President Paul Biya is seeking another term to extend his 36-year rule in Cameroon.
That election could be a catalyst for more violence in the southwestern and northwestern regions, where English-speaking separatists have been engaged in bloody fighting with government forces since late 2016. Cameroon is about 80 percent French-speaking.
Ahmad said he had decided to visit Cameroon on the invitation of former Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o. “It is thanks to him that this visit has been organized in order to clear the air on every front,” Ahmad said.
CAF has no “Plan B” for the tournament, Ahmad said, a tournament which will be the first African Cup to be increased from 16 to 24 teams, placing additional pressure on Cameroon’s creaking infrastructure. Despite Ahmad dismissing the notion of a “Plan B,” Morocco has been mentioned as a possible replacement host.
If Morocco did stand in, it would be the fourth straight African Cup to be moved from its original host country. South Africa stepped in for Libya in 2013, the tournament was switched from Morocco to Equatorial Guinea in 2015, and Libya again backed out of its hosting last year, leaving Gabon to host at the last minute. Cameroon’s team is the African champion and was hoping to defend its title on home soil.
Source: News Observer